BUDDY COUSINS: I'LL BELIEVE IT WHEN I SEE IT

In an article in today’s RTD, about Todd ‘Parney’ Parnell’s departure from the Flying Squirrels, here was a comment by the owner, Lou DiBella, that should have caught the attention of every Squirrels fan. “DiBella said he remains UNDER THE IMPRESSION that a new ballpark will be built by the city…” He should have said that there WILL BE a new ballpark. NOT! That he’s under the impression that one will. I’ve said it on a sports talk show, and I’m saying it here. Until I see the Squirrels take the field in a new ballpark I AIN’T BUYING IT! There’s nothing in writing. Some people with the RVA economics department have said they want a ballpark. Big deal. I want to hit the lottery. The odds of my hitting the lottery and a new ballpark for the Squirrels are about the same. RVA LIED about the deal with the then-Washington Redskins, and again about their plan for a ballpark in Shockoe Bottom. With nothing in writing, my point of view is looking good now. I don’t believe RVA has selected an architect yet, which speaks volumes.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

THOUGHTS WHILE THINKING

VRC PLEASED ... WHICH EXPLAINS RUBBER-STAMP MEETING

LOTS OF STUFF